Want a new kitchen gadget utilizing wine bottles? Check out the DI-Wine Bottle Dispenser.
- 1 Wine Bottle
- 1 Stopper Spout
- Olive Oil or Dish Soap
1. Enjoy a bottle of your favorite Missouri wine with your friends!
2. Rinse your bottle with dish soap and hot water.
3. Remove the wine label and allow the bottle to dry! This can be a fairly tedious step, but we did the work for you! Here are the 3 easiest ways to remove a wine label:
- Use baking soda:
- Add 5-10 tablespoons of baking soda to a bucket of warm water
- Soak the bottle in the mixture for 30 minutes
- Use a utility blade to gently remove the label
- Use steamer:
- Fill the steamer with water and turn it on
- Hold the bottle over the steam to loosen the adhesive
- Use a utility blade to remove adhesive from the bottle
- Use OxiClean:
- Fill the bucket with water and 1/4 cup of OxiClean
- Submerge the wine bottle in the mixture
- Soak up to 8 hours
- Use a utility blade to remove the wine label and adhesive
4. Fill the clean bottle with your choice of dish soap, olive oil, or anything else you frequently use in the kitchen!
5. Put a spout into the neck of the bottle.
6. (OPTIONAL) Paint your wine bottle dispenser to match your kitchen décor and coat it with Mod Podge!
View this video to see this DI-Wine in action!
Repurposing Missouri wine bottles can be fun and useful! Show us what you create by tagging us on Instagram and Facebook, and use the hashtag #MOWine!