June 20, 2016
Sitting on a patio soaking in the sunshine and a warm breeze while sipping a glass of award-winning local wine… yeah that sounds like a great way to spend a summer day. Don’t let this Missouri summer slip away without checking these seasonal favorites off your bucket list.
- Discover a new winery – Missouri is home to 130+ wineries. There’s bound to be one or 20 you haven’t had the opportunity to visit yet.
- Go on a wine trail – There are ten wine trails across the state. Some are hosting special events during the summer, all offer unique experiences.
- Become a MO wine MVP – You can earn points that are redeemable for rewards just for visiting local wineries.
- Perfect your sangria recipe – Sangria can be customized for any season, but there’s nothing better than a chilled glass of fruit-filled sangria on a hot summer day.
- Sip and sway to some live tunes – Many local wineries feature live music on the weekends during the summer. Sit back and enjoy while you sip on a glass of award-winning wine.
- Take the train to wine country – All aboard! Are you ready for a great getaway?
- Attend a wine festival – There are wine festivals, walks and strolls scattered all throughout the state. Find one near you. They’re a great way to get to try wines from several wineries all in one place.
- Indulge in a bowl of wine ice cream – This recipe couldn’t be easier, and it’s beyond delicious!
This isn’t an exhaustive list of all the fun ways to enjoy Missouri wine and wine country during the summer, but let it serve as the start of your “Savor Summer Bucket List”. Cheers!