October 18, 2023
Fall is one of the best seasons in Missouri. The change in weather, celebrations with friends and family, and spiced wine-tails make this season enjoyable. We took one of our favorite celebration desserts and made it into a wine-tail.
3 oz. Apple Cider
¾ oz. Cinnamon Schnapps
1 tbsp Cinnamon Simple Syrup
3 oz. Sparkling Wine (we used Stone Hill’s Blanc de Blancs)
(optional) Cinnamon Sugar
- In a small sauce pot, add the water and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, and remove cinnamon sticks.
- Bring cinnamon water back to a boil, add sugar, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Place cinnamon simple syrup aside.
- In a shaker, add ice, apple cider, cinnamon schnapps, and cinnamon simple syrup. Shake until well-chilled.
- Use apple to rim glass and dip rim into cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Strain mixture into glass.
- Top with sparkling wine
- Garnish with an apple slice.
This cinnamon-forward dessert in a glass is the perfect drink for a cool fall day. Cheers!