January 31, 2023
Cook with color and add a burst of flavor to your favorite mix of fresh vegetables with this wine reduction sauce made with Missouri Norton. Change up this combination of vegetables to suit your palate.
For the roasted vegetables:
We used the following ingredients, but feel free to switch things up and use your favorite fresh veggies.
- ½ large red onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 3 small zucchinis
- 3 yellow squash
- 3 – 5 potatoes
- 2 shallots
- 6 – 10 plum tomatoes
- 5 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Norton Wine Reduction:
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 c Norton
- 1 c vegetable stock or broth
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prep vegetables to desired size based on your preferred taste and texture. Place in a large bowl and drizzle with avocado oil, add salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Spread vegetables evenly over 2 large baking sheets and avoid crowding.
- Roast for 20 minutes, tossing vegetables and rotating pans once. Remove rosemary once complete. Transfer vegetables to desired dish and set aside.
- Begin wine reduction while vegetables are roasting. Over medium heat, melt butter in a small saucepan and add shallots.
- Sauté shallots for several minutes until aromatic. Add Norton and vegetable stock.
- Bring pan to a boil and reduce by half. Simmer until desired consistency is achieved.
- Carefully pour reduction over vegetables. Add seasoning to taste and enjoy!
Add some color and Norton to the dinner table with this recipe. Start cooking with Missouri wine and share with us on social media @missouriwine.