Peanut Butter & White Chocolate Port Cookies
December 22, 2022
These cookies will be the star of the show this holiday season! This port reduction will not only “wow” your friends and family but also their taste buds. Try these cookies for a flavor trifecta!
Prep time: 40 minutes
1 package of ready-bake peanut butter cookie dough
1 bottle of Port-style wine (we used Adam Puchta Winery’s Signature Port)
1/2c white granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 package of white chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place medium-pot on stove with low heat.
- Add Port-style wine to pot, followed by white granulated sugar, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. Whisk ingredients together and simmer on low for about 30 minutes. Stir pot every 8-10 minutes.
- Roll out cookie dough and use cookie cutters to cut desired shape. Make sure the shape you choose has enough room for the size of a thumb to make indentation.
- Place shaped cookies on a non-stick pan and bake for 6-8 minutes. Press center with a clean thumb or round object of similar size.
- Let cookies cool on pan or remove to a baking sheet. When Port mixture is fully reduced by half, remove from stove and allow mixture to cool.
- Prepare to melt chocolate by stove or microwave as desired. Follow instructions that accompany the chocolate’s packaging for best results.
- Pour about 1tsp of the port reduction into the indentation of each cookie. Allow each cookie to cool.
- Add white chocolate on top of port. Allow cookie centers to harden.
- Serve, share and pair with your Port!
This simple and delicious recipe is unique and perfect to surprise your friends and family this season. Even give the host the gift of a Port wine for gathering your loved ones together! Stay tuned for more recipes by following @missouriwine and #missouriwine on social media.