March 14, 2023
Great Missouri wines aren’t made by luck alone. Irish or not, all can find an award-winning gold wine to enjoy. To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, we created two unique wine cocktails to enjoy.
Green Sangria (Sangria Verde)
Prep time: 20 minutes
2 green apples
1 bunch of green grapes
4 oz Cointreau
1 bottle of Vidal Blanc white wine (we used Stonehaus Farms Vineyard & Winery’s
- Slice cucumbers and grapes and cube green apples. Add to a large 64oz mason jar.
- Add 3 oz of Cointreau and fill the rest of the jar with Vidal Blanc.
- Store sangria in the fridge overnight. Serve in 4-5 oz portions chilled or over ice.
Port Irish Coffee Martini
Prep time: 15 minutes
4 oz Port-style wine (we used Stone Hill Winery’s 2017 Port)
4 oz Cold brew coffee
3 oz Irish Cream liquor
- Add portions of the cold brew coffee, Port-style wine and Irish cream liquor to a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Shake vigorously until mixed (frothy on top) and strain into a martini glass. If not frothy, use handheld frothing mixer to achieve a foamy top layer.
- Garnish with coffee beans as desired.
Cheers! (or should we say Slainté!) to the quality wines, gold and beyond and those who enjoy them!