December 29, 2022
Serve up a simple sparkling winetail at your upcoming holiday celebration. Mint flavors match the chilly weather but this unique margarita recipe is sure to warm you up.
Time: 5 mins
1 box of spearmint candy canes
1 package of mint leaves
1 bottle of Blanco tequila
1 bottle of dry sparkling wine (we used Stone Hill Winery’s Blanc de Blancs)
- Take spearmint candy canes, crush finely and add to bowl.
- Half and juice one lime. Take two lowball glasses and rim in lime juice, followed by crushed candy cane.
- Add mint leaves to cocktail mixing glass, followed by 4 oz of Blanco tequila. Muddle mint leaves in glass.
- Add mixture to shaker over 5-6 cubes of ice. Shake vigorously and strain evenly in each glass over ice.
- Top glass with dry sparkling wine and remaining lime juice. Garnish with an additional lime slice if desired.
- Add whole candy cane to each glass and enjoy!
Mix this easy margarita winetail up at home during the holidays. The bold mint flavor is refreshing and enjoyable for any celebration! Let us see your creations by tagging #missouriwine and @missouriwine on social media.