March 30, 2017
Are you ready for a Missouri wine adventure? The Show Me State has 10 distinct wine trails to discover! A wine trail is a group of wineries that have come together to create fun, unique experiences. Some host themed food and wine pairing events, while others act as a mapped out vino adventure. Get familiar with each trail and check out some of the upcoming events.
1. Aux Arcs Wine Road
In the heart of the Missouri Ozarks along Highway 60, the Aux Arcs Wine Road is named from the original French name given to the region north of the northern-most bend in the Arkansas River. Stop by each winery along the trail and you can get a free souvenir glass at your last stop.
2. Hermann Wine Trail
There is a rich winemaking tradition in the historic German town of Hermann that dates back to the 1830s. The Hermann Wine Trail is known for festive events featuring unique foods paired with delicious local wines.
- Wild Bacon Wine Trail Event – On May 6th and 7th, each winery along the trail will use bacon as the main ingredient in a delicious dish that will be paired with wine.
3. Kansas City Wine Trail
From the urban settings of central Kansas City to the farm life environment you’ll find in Lexington, the Kansas City Wine Trail forms a complete loop in the surrounding area just east of Kansas City.
4. Lake of the Ozarks Wine Trail
Located near one of the largest man-made lakes in the United States, the Lake of the Ozarks Wine Trail offers scenic views and an opportunity to sip wine on the water. Pair wine with gourmet food and visit one of the many attractions the area has to offer.
5. Mississippi River Hills Wine Trail
As you wind through the beautiful river hills countryside of Southeast Missouri, the Mississippi River Hills Wine Trail stretches 40 miles long and offers a wide selection of wines from family owned and operated wineries.
- Taste of the Titanic Event – On April 15th, you can enjoy a unique wine and food pairing at each winery along the trail based on foods that were served on the Titanic.
- Win a Weekend Getaway Package – Become an MVP, visit participating wineries, and earn points to enter the MVP sweepstakes for a chance to win a wine experience and one night stay for up to four people along the Mississippi River Hills Wine Trail.
6. Missouri River Wine Trail
In the center of the Show Me State, the Missouri River Wine Trail has stunning bluff top views of the Missouri River and State Capitol building. Central Missouri wineries offer award-winning wine, tasty food, and incredible views each in their own exclusive setting.
- Chill Out on the Wine Trail Event – On July 8th and 9th, you can enjoy ice cream pairings with wine this summer at each winery along the trail.
7. Missouri Weinstrasse
The Missouri Weinstrasse is located in America’s first ever designated American Viticulture Area, Augusta. The area has been praised for its unique soil, climate and German winemaking heritage.
8. The Northwest Missouri Wine Trail
As you travel through some of the charming towns just north of Kansas City, the Northwest Missouri Wine Trail has unique wineries, picturesque countryside views, gourmet foods and friendly mid-western hospitality.
9. Ozark Mountain Wine Trail
Down in southwest Missouri, the Ozark Mountain Wine Trail takes you through the scenic countryside and rolling hills of the Ozarks. The trail offers a diverse selection of locally crafted wines, including fruit wines and honey wines known as mead.
10. Route du Vin Wine Trail
In Ste. Genevieve County, just southeast of St. Louis, the Route du Vin Wine Trail has deep French influences that date back to the 1700s. Historic architecture, rolling hills, green fields and a natural cave are just some of the sights you’ll see while exploring the trail.
- Jour de la Terre Event – On April 22nd, celebrate Earth Day by enjoying wines paired with cuisine inspired by other countries at each of the wineries along the trail.
What are you waiting for? Attend a wine trail event or create or own wine trail experience at one of the 10 wine trails throughout the state. Share your wine trail experiences with us on social media by using the hashtag #MOwine.
Cheers to Missouri wine adventures!