An Easter Treat: Pairing Candy and Missouri Wine
April 17, 2014
Yes, traditionally Easter baskets and the sweet treats they contain are for youngsters, but just because you’re a grownup now, doesn’t mean you can’t have an holiday treat of your own. Whether there is a piece or two leftover from assembling your little ones’ baskets or indulging in a reward just for you, try pairing these Easter candy favorites with Missouri wine.
- Chocolate Easter Bunnies of all shapes, sizes and flavors have a Missouri wine that pairs perfectly!
White Chocolate + Sweet Sparkling Wine
Dark Chocolate + Norton
Milk Chocolate + Your favorite Missouri fruit wine (We recommend Raspberry or Cherry.)
- Cadbury Crème Eggs + Blackberry Wine
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Eggs + Concord (think adult PB&J)
- Jelly Beans + Catawba
- 3 Musketeers + Chambourcin
- Marshmallow Peeps + Late Harvest Wine
- Starburst + Vidal Blanc
Missouri wine pairs well with a sweet Easter treat!