DIY Cork Shamrock Craft for St. Patrick’s Day
March 08, 2018
Originally a religious feast day to honor Ireland’s patron saint, St. Patrick’s Day has evolved over the years into a day to celebrate all things Irish across the globe. Whether it’s festivals or special foods, St. Patrick’s Day revelry is a good time for all… unless you forget your green of course! Here is a fun and easy craft project you can do to join in the St. Patrick’s Day festivities. Show your Irish spirit with this DIY Cork Shamrock.
Watch this video for a step-by-step, how-to guide:
- 47 used wine corks
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Green acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Plug in hot glue gun to warm up.
- Using this downloadable diagram, arrange your corks into the shamrock shape.
- Begin attaching the corks to each other one by one until you have connected them all in the shamrock shape.
- Once the glue has dried, remove any excess strings left behind from the hot glue.
- Paint the ends of the corks green and let dry.
- Display your festive wine cork shamrock!
Have a great St. Patrick’s Day. Sláinte!